Monday, October 20, 2014

Blog re-re-(re?) Launch!

One of the blogs I follow has the most clever title and I giggle inside every time I see her posts in my Face Book newsfeed: A Blog for My Mom Isn't that fun?

Well, as much as I love my mom (and I do... A LOT), the more appropriate title for my blog would be:
A Blog for My Bestie

Let's be real- she's the one that I owe 0285782721 blogs to.
She is the one that texts me and begs me to post.
She is currently my only official follower (although I have over 600 views, so either clicking on my blog is her favorite past-time, or there are some other lurkers out there in the interwebs).
She is also the blog re-designer extraordinare who is responsible for this beautiful new page!
I mean, she is THE Mexican Domestic Goddess, after all.

Here's the thing... since I created this blog, I just didn't feel like it was designed quite right. But I don't have all the skills, and I'm stubborn and wanted to do it on my own (please tell me someone in blog-land hears me on that!). And, although I have many excuses for not blogging, one of the most common was that I just didn't feel proud of the aesthetic of my little corner of the sky. It just wasn't really me. It was too dark, and heavy, and although it did have polka dots (which I LURVE!) it didn't feel airy and free like I wanted it to.

So I asked Jacqui if she would be willing to play with it and make it more... "ME"
Because... who knows what's "you" more than your best girl friend, right?

My requests: 1.POLKA. DOTS. 2.Lighter/more airy 3. clean/stream-lined 4. more "ME"

Well, she pretty much nailed it, first time. Don't you think?

So, that's once excuse not to blog, down...

87 more to go! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment